Monday, September 1, 2014

6 weeks

6 weeks, 6 long tear-filled weeks. Someone told me the first 6 weeks are like baby-bootcamp and then things start getting better. Did they mean, like right when you hit 6 weeks, or more like 7. Because things getting better now would be perfect.



I guess I was just fooling myself when I thought things were getting better around here, they are not.

I think we had a little glimpse of what good sleeping and napping was like, but then all hell broke loose at nighttime and I've only almost cried twice this morning thinking about how frustrated I am with the whole thing. Anyone who has solid advice on what to with an infant who dislikes the big aden and anais swaddles, SwaddleMe swaddles, Ergobaby Swaddlers. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Because the frustration is real.

I will say daytime is getting better, we get to play more and have awake - stare at each other- time, which is great. But God knows I'd love to get a smile or something. I mean give me a LITTLE SOMETHING.

I constantly worry that something is wrong, because we haven't smiled or cooed or had more than 45 second of tummy time. As much as I don't want to brag, MM was a perfect little baby in a majority of aspects. Which makes this little one SO MUCH HARDER.

To make matters worse, I was trying to feel like a person again (why even try, right?) and start working out with a kettlebell. I believe I was doing some things wrong initially and really hurt my shoulders, which has become a rectorial thorn in my side (shoulder) for the last week. Which doesn't make sleeping, picking up a 30 pound toddler or even a 12(?) pound infant any easier.



Now, on the bright side, MM has been a semi-wonderful toddler through this whole thing, and breastfeeding has been nearly the pill it was for MM's newborn-hood so that is all good. Had it been as hard, there would have been lots more problems. Days are going by quickly which have been leading to the dreaded evening/nighttime. We have been scheduling playdates for the mornings which have been excellent (and anyone that wants to plan one, hit me up! We will travel to you too! did that sound desperate? oh well) but I'm sure are no good for napping.




What else? Sleeping frustration, physical pain, house a complete mess... I think that about covers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment