She is one week old today, and it has obviously been a whirlwind for everyone involved, including my circadian rhythm
Here are her accomplishments for the last week
1) She was born
2) She is lifting her head up a little, so if you put her on her stomach she isn't going to suffocate immediately
3) She rolled over from stomach to back during her VERY FIRST (obviously puppy supervised) tummy time
More than anything she's just sucking on her arm, which some may believe means she's hungry
5) She slept 3.5 hours (7:30 pm - 11:00 pm)
6) Met her big brother (see supervisor above)
7) WoWed the pediatrician and 2 lactation consultants with fantastic weight gain (like mother like daughter)
8) Learned to love her lamb swing
9) Went to vote
She doesn't seem excited about a career in politics
Here are MY accomplishments for the last week
1) Birthed a whole person
2) Drank at least 5 alcoholic drinks
3) Visited the pediatrician twice
4) Only cried four times (and only once from frustration)
6) Had a major headache on the whole first day I was alone with Mary Margaret
7) Have done little-to-no chores
8) Received many delicious meals from caring friends
9) Went to sleep at 7:30 pm and 7:30 am within the same 24 hours
10) Nursed a sweet little girl until my nipples almost fell off
So speaking to #4 (Crying of frustration), people always say that it gets better after 3 months.
3 Months is a REALLY long time from now, is it really going to be that long before she starts sleeping through the night and not having to nurse her at least 12 times a day? Because that is going to get old REAL quick. Plus I'm really not that good a burping yet, so there has been a large amount of spit up going on, but I'm trying
We have given her the name "Chicken Wing" recently because the Lactation Consultant told us that she will be done nursing when her arm resembles a limb chicken wing, which makes perfect sense.
Ok, it's about 7:30 meaning Mary Margaret and I are about to turn back into pumpkins.
Thanks again everyone!