Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dose of Introspection

Although I will openly say I'm trying to improve and/or maintain a healthy lifestyle. There are certain parts of my body that I doubt will be the same after having Mary Margaret.


"Shhh Penguin, I'm looking at something"

Megan, who is a twice-weekly Mary Margaret Wrangler, opened my eyes to a beautiful photography project that is going on with moms and moms-to-be that are requesting to have their pregnant or post-partum pictures taken and shown.

This has nothing to do with this post

Neither does this one

I think this is so very very important because new moms get a really tough road ahead of them, even after things get easier with their new babe and you lose a majority of the baby weight (most times) but then everything is in a different place than it used to be. For me, there is a cute (not cute) little front-butt that shows up whenever I sit down. Mary Margaret LOVES to use it as a trampoline when I'm holding her, and as much as I suck my stomach in it is being reallll stubborn.

I have been writing for Fit for Expecting for about a month or so. Doing the circuit and elliptical workouts. On Thursday, the day of Megan's post, I did said elliptical workout and while I was changing back into my work clothes I took a good hard look at my body in only panties (do grown women still use that word?) It was under the always-flattering florescent lights. After this sobering look at myself for a good 5 minutes I thought "this isn't so bad. Yes, you can see my ribs a little more, and my thighs and hips are wider than previous. But this isn't the worst, I can handle this".  I know my body is going to be a fluid thing through out my pregnancies, and I think this is one of the most beautiful things about the human body. The way it can change and adapt to life. Don't get me started on breastfeeding, but the fact that my body knows to do that is really freaking awesome.

I did make it out without a TON of stretch marks (I have some from previous weight loss/gain) and they make push up bras for a reason. So I think I'll survive.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, the mummy tummy is the worst part of it all for me! I am just so thankful my body has grown and delivered 5 healthy babies and I'm able to still exercise and be in shape after it all. Even if it's a different shape :) But yeah, if someone offered me a free tummy tuck, I wouldn't decline!

    ReplyDelete