Tuesday, September 11, 2012

OOOT OOOOOOO


To Start, I'm going to have a natural childbirth.

There, I said it (that makes it true right?)

In the middle of the whole thing I may, just may, begin to say thing like Amy Poehler does below...


That's why Charlie and I have a code word.... I'm not going to tell you what it is, because I'm trying to forget it. Which will make it much harder to say...

We are preparing ourselves for this hellish (some say beautiful) day by having a Midwife from the Midwifery Group at the Durham Women's Health Alliance. And also using a Doula ... that links for you that have no idea what a doula is... you're welcome.

There really isn't any more to this post. I really just wanted to use the youtube clip because I like that scene so much. The whole movie is pretty fantastic, if you're into the whole really funny, kinda weird pregnancy stuff. Or if you just like Tina Fey and Amy Poehler together, which, let's be honest. You're not a real person if you don't think they're funny.

Also, I'm officially one month from my Due date... let the countdown begin...
Cross your fingers I:
1) make it through the wedding we're going to 2 hours away this weekend and
2) don't go past 38 week... now that's just me being selfish.

P.S.S:
Speaking of wonderfully funny people, this kinda breaks my heart. I called Charlie on the way home on Thursday and he told me he had bad news. I thought he was going to say we are out of goat cheese or something, but this is MUCH worse.

Ok, Done!

3 comments:

  1. Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but as a gal who had a pair of premies in the NICU for 6 weeks, I beg you to embrace every second of your pregnancy, no matter how miserable. There's a reason pregnancy is 40 weeks: that's how long it takes a baby to grow and be it's strongest and healthiest at birth. I delivered at 33 1/2 weeks and would have done ANYTHING to have those last 6, awful, uncomfortable weeks.

    Okay, I'm getting off my soap box now. Sorry for the mini-rant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandra,
      I know the longer she's in there, the healthier she'll be. It's me being COMPLETELY selfish. It has just been a hyper long, hot summer. And I'm ready to be on Maternity Leave and not have to wear "real work-ish" kinda clothes.

      But I understand. And I'm sure I'll make it to 42 weeks and then be in labor for a few days, just for jinxing it :)

      Delete
  2. Yay!! I'm cheering for you!! When I have a baby (many a years from now) I plan on having like 7 code words. So I can yell them with satisfaction until I am serious with the final 7th word (let's just hope I won't get to that point). See you soon, mama!

    ReplyDelete