Monday, December 29, 2014

McCants Year End Review


AS 2014 is wrapping up, I thought I'd refresh as to all of the things that happened this year.

January 

Callie and I traveled to Honduras on a Medical Missions trip. I was working on getting over first trimester morning sickness. We had a great time helping others and being constantly humbled by the needs of such a poor population.



While I was there, a surprising and tragic event happened, my dear aunt Cheryl passed quickly and Charlie had to tell me of her passing through sporadic phone service in rural Honduras. She is missed daily and her vibrant spirit is seen always.


March

We find out that the little bean growing inside is a sweet little girl. Our minds fill with thoughts of more pink and sisters who will be best friends and enemies for their whole lives.


I also dealt with terrible GI bug in March which debilitated me more than any other sickness I've come up against.

May

We celebrated the Kentucky Derby with our lovely relatives in Wake Forest, NC. They throw fabulous Derby Parties, and although each year they state that is the last one, I am so happy to see each year they continue.


July

We are due with our sweet little Virginia in July, and although the waiting was difficult, we did relish those last days as parents to only one beautiful girl.


July 21, 2014

Sweet Baby Virginia Mae was born. She had a few bumps in the early weeks, but things has been ::knock on wood:: smooth sailing since then.


She has been quite her own woman and really gave us a run for our money. She is quite a mommy's girl (which I LURV) and a not-so-good sleeper. But she's certainly a rascal and we love her so so very much.

August

Virginia has been making herself an individual in the McCants house and is telling everyone what she really thinks about every situation.


We had all hands on deck since Virginia's birth and it really made the transition much easier for all of us. I'd signed MM up for swim classes in second half of the summer and since I was still dealing with all of the postpartum lady part things, I couldn't get into the water with her. So we gave aunties and grandparents the privilege of having MM cling to them while in water.


Charlie and I celebrated 4 wonderful years of marriage with a classy meal of pizza and beer. It was just fitting for the crazy life we were living at the time.

October

Our cherished first born turned 2 this month and found a new appreciation for birthday cake, and future implications that all parties are birthday parties and need cake. For which I agree.




November

We hosted Thanksgiving for the first time in our teeny town home. It was crazy and packed, but really showed us that we enjoy the chaos of having a house full of love and people.



December

And for Christmas, among other things, Charlie and I are giving our family something we've always wanted. A stay at home mother and wife. Come the end of January 2015 I will be the Stay at Home Mom for my girls and begin honing my skills as a terrible homemaker. I am beyond excited about making breakfasts and occasionally finishing my cup of coffee, fighting tooth and nail for nap times, and attending every library story time I can get my hands on. We will have to make tons of changes and sacrifices to make this work, but I know at the end of the day it will be be best for our family.

Now that I'll be around the girls non-stop, get your insta-eyes ready, as I'll be bombarding you with more pictures than ever of our little family. You're welcome!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!




1 comment:

  1. I have no clue if my first comment went through but it's a huge sacrifice for us too for me to stay home so if you ever want someone to have free playdates with, I'm your girl :).

    ReplyDelete